Your life is not lying in wait in the future like a wild animal or some ominous destiny. Nor is it hidden in the heavens, like a paradise or promise. Nor is it shut up in the cave or the prison of your past. It is here and now; it is what you live and what you do. At the heart of being; at the heart of the present; at the heart of everything – in the great current of life, of reality.
Andre Comte-Sponville

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

~Who Knows~

Who Knows (By, Dayna Martin - Originally published in Live Free, Learn Free Magazine 2006)

Who knows who I may have become. Who knows who today I might be. If I was left alone and respected as a child to learn about what was important only to me. I yearned to examine the woods, play with my dolls, create, bake, and explore the sea. Instead, I lost years of my life listening to what an expert thinks I may need to know someday, that may be important only to he. Who might I be today? Where might I be? If even one person allowed me to just be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment