Your life is not lying in wait in the future like a wild animal or some ominous destiny. Nor is it hidden in the heavens, like a paradise or promise. Nor is it shut up in the cave or the prison of your past. It is here and now; it is what you live and what you do. At the heart of being; at the heart of the present; at the heart of everything – in the great current of life, of reality.
Andre Comte-Sponville

Sunday, April 11, 2010

*RIP*





A couple years ago a sweet, little dog came into our lives - her name was Scarlett. She'd had a rough start in life living in a puppy mill for five years, popping out puppies right and left. She, eventually, went on to live w/ an elderly man for seven years and she was very happy w/ him until he died. She was about to be sent to a shelter when I found out about her and decided to take into our home to live out her final years. Scarlett brought me more joy than I ever could have imagined! I, instantly, fell in love w/ her and I spoiled her rotten because she deserved it to be spoiled!

Scarlett had a darling face and the cutest, little strut! She loved sitting out in the sun and she loved treats!! She didn't sleep under the covers like our other dachshunds - she liked to sleep right next to me...often nose-to-nose.:) She enjoyed going for walks and she loved napping, just as much! She was happy, I could tell, and that made us happy.

Scarlett died today and our hearts are broken. We took her to our cabin and buried her there - she loved being at the cabin! We collected rocks at the beach, decorated her burial site w/ them, and we cried together. Brenna wrote a little something for her and read it to her:

~Scarlie was a good doggie and I loved her, I still do. We are all sad but, remember, she will always be with us. I love you, Scarlett, and I hope you will be happy. But can I ask one favor? Can you wait for us up in heaven? And I will always think of you. Love, Brenna~

Beautiful, isn't it?

RIP, sweet, Scarlett. You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment