Your life is not lying in wait in the future like a wild animal or some ominous destiny. Nor is it hidden in the heavens, like a paradise or promise. Nor is it shut up in the cave or the prison of your past. It is here and now; it is what you live and what you do. At the heart of being; at the heart of the present; at the heart of everything – in the great current of life, of reality.
Andre Comte-Sponville

Monday, January 17, 2011

*Piano*

Brenna has been taking piano lessons for just over a year now, and she's been doing such a great job. However, tonight she had a big meltdown while practicing. One second she was playing, and the next she was pretty much just freaking out! So, I let her get all her emotions out - anger, despair, confusion, sadness. It took awhile - she's very dramatic!:) But, eventually, she calmed down, and she was able to explain that she feels the lessons are getting harder, and it's difficult for her because it's not coming to her as naturally as it usually does. I was getting ready to tell her that the frustration she is feeling is normal, and that sometimes there will be lessons that are harder than others, and that it's okay that it may take her longer to get it, but that she shouldn't give up....BUT I didn't have to say anything. Before I could start, she turned to me and looked at me with those big, beautiful, blue eyes, and said, "Mama, I'm okay now. I was really frustrated and needed a good cry, but I feel better now, and I know I can finish my practicing"....and she walked to the piano and did just that. Hey, like she said, sometimes a girl just needs a good cry. Sometimes, that's all you need to get through a tough moment.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment