Your life is not lying in wait in the future like a wild animal or some ominous destiny. Nor is it hidden in the heavens, like a paradise or promise. Nor is it shut up in the cave or the prison of your past. It is here and now; it is what you live and what you do. At the heart of being; at the heart of the present; at the heart of everything – in the great current of life, of reality.
Andre Comte-Sponville

Monday, December 5, 2011

**Loss**

My parents have been best friends with another couple, Rita and Terry, for over 40 years - how wonderful is that?  Well, about six months ago, Terry was diagnosed with cancer, and he just found out the treatments didn't work, and he is going to die soon.  I'm so, so sad.  I'm sad for my parents who are going to lose one half of this couple who has been in their lives for so long.  I'm sad for Rita and Terry's kids and grandchildren.  I'm sad for Rita - I can't imagine how hard it's going to be for her to be without Terry.  And, of course, I'm sad for Terry who is at the end of his life, way too soon.  He deserves to have another twenty or thirty years, but, unfortunately, cancer does not discriminate.  Terry is a such a nice man, and I hate that this has happened to him.  Cancer sucks, plain and simple.

Imagine

Imagine there's no cancer,
It's easy if you try,
No pain or suffering,
Or waiting just to die.


Imagine all the people,

Living worry free,

Without that ticking time bomb,
That no one else can see.



You may say I'm a dreamer,

But I'm not the only one,

That hopes the world will be cancer-free,
So we can live as one.

Author ~ Michelle Rosa



No comments:

Post a Comment