Your life is not lying in wait in the future like a wild animal or some ominous destiny. Nor is it hidden in the heavens, like a paradise or promise. Nor is it shut up in the cave or the prison of your past. It is here and now; it is what you live and what you do. At the heart of being; at the heart of the present; at the heart of everything – in the great current of life, of reality.
Andre Comte-Sponville

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

~Doctors~

I hate getting a doctor with NO bedside manner. You know the kind - the ones that walk in w/ no smile, no introduction, no handshake. Then they proceed to rush through the appointment and barely pay attention to your symptoms. I like to be treated w/ kid gloves - I want tact and respect. I want my doctor to come in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee w/ me and be ready to get down to the nitty-gritty of what's going on. And when we're done - I'll take a lollipop on the way out. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment