Your life is not lying in wait in the future like a wild animal or some ominous destiny. Nor is it hidden in the heavens, like a paradise or promise. Nor is it shut up in the cave or the prison of your past. It is here and now; it is what you live and what you do. At the heart of being; at the heart of the present; at the heart of everything – in the great current of life, of reality.
Andre Comte-Sponville

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

*Sleeping Babes*

I love watching my girls sleep! I do it - alot. Sometimes I snuggle up to them to take in their sweet, sweet smells. Sometimes, I trace the features of their faces - Brenna's beautiful lips and Aubree's adorable nose. Sometimes, I rub their backs. Sometimes, I stroke their gorgeous hair. Sometimes, I hold their hands - their tiny fingers inner laced with mine. Sometimes, I just sit and watch and get filled up with gratitude that they are mine...all mine.:) Always, I whisper sweet nothings in their little ears, and I am, often, rewarded with a sleepy smile - and it doesn't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment