Your life is not lying in wait in the future like a wild animal or some ominous destiny. Nor is it hidden in the heavens, like a paradise or promise. Nor is it shut up in the cave or the prison of your past. It is here and now; it is what you live and what you do. At the heart of being; at the heart of the present; at the heart of everything – in the great current of life, of reality.
Andre Comte-Sponville

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

*Ten Years*

How is possible that my baby girl is ten years old, already?? It seems like it was just yesterday that she looked like this...

and here she is today...

Amazing!!

It seems like such a short time ago I was finding out I was pregnant with Brenna. It was Feb. 2nd, 2000 - the day after I turned 28 years old and what an awesome birthday present it was!! The minute - no, the second! - I found out I was pregnant I was in love!! I loved this girl from the moment I knew she was inside me. I quit my job right after finding out I was pregnant, and I spent the next nine months, in bliss, waiting for her to come! I loved being pregnant! I spent my days talking to her ... almost as if she was already here.:) And when she, finally, arrived - oh my....the love just doubled, then tripled, then quadrupled, then quintupled, as the days went on!! I cried with joy every time I looked at her - I was in awe of her. And the loves just keeps growing...

Brenna is a delight - pure and simple. She's kind, funny, stubborn (sticks to her guns, I love it), talented, smart, creative, mischievious (in a good way!), outgoing, and loving. Oh, trust me, I could go on and on, but I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm bragging.:)

Happy Birthday, Brennie!! I love you. Thank you for bringing so much good to my life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment