Your life is not lying in wait in the future like a wild animal or some ominous destiny. Nor is it hidden in the heavens, like a paradise or promise. Nor is it shut up in the cave or the prison of your past. It is here and now; it is what you live and what you do. At the heart of being; at the heart of the present; at the heart of everything – in the great current of life, of reality.
Andre Comte-Sponville

Thursday, February 10, 2011

**Night Out**

We had a night out w/ friends last weekend, and I'm still recovering, but that's okay because I had a great time!!  It's not often that we have an adult night out, so when we do I like to let loose!  And, I think, it's, perfectly, okay to do that a few times a year!  Listen, I spend the majority of my time being a responsible adult - I'm w/ my kids 24/7, I take care of them, my hubby, my dogs, our house, etc., and I'm totally happy with that....it's the life I have chosen, and it's the life I want.  But every once in awhile I like to forget about being responsible (okay, not totally forget - we always have a DD) and I like to just get stupid.  You know, like young stupid!  Drinking too much, saying embarrassing things, laughing our asses off about nothing - just having some good, old, crazy fun!  And sometimes, on nights like this, secrets are revealed among friends, and I'm okay with that because sometimes a little booze makes it easier to share difficult experiences with a special friend, experiences that were life changing, experiences that were the same, but different.  It was a great evening, and I can't wait for the next night out!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment