Your life is not lying in wait in the future like a wild animal or some ominous destiny. Nor is it hidden in the heavens, like a paradise or promise. Nor is it shut up in the cave or the prison of your past. It is here and now; it is what you live and what you do. At the heart of being; at the heart of the present; at the heart of everything – in the great current of life, of reality.
Andre Comte-Sponville

Monday, April 18, 2011

**One of Those Days**

Today, has been one of those rare days when I wish I didn't have to be a mama for the day.  I've been feeling nauseous all day (the worst kind of sick for me - I hate being nauseous....I'll take a headache, a runny nose, or a cough over nausea, any day!), and all I wanted to do was stay in my bed, and hibernate under the covers!  I didn't want to have to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I didn't want to referee my kids' fight.  I didn't want to do laundry.  I didn't want to drive Brenna to jazz class. I didn't want to take care of the dogs (which, normally, isn't a big deal, but a part of our fence is down, so I have to go outside with them to make sure they don't run away).  I didn't want to do anything, at all!!  BUT I'm the mama, and, unfortunately, mamas don't get breaks - at least, not during the week.  If today had been Sat. or Sun., I know my hubby would have taken over for me, but, of course, it seems when I do get sick it's always during the week!  I think, I'll take some NyQuil to knock myself out early tonight, and, hopefully, I'll wake up tomorrow, feeling better, and eager to take on my Mama role, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment