Your life is not lying in wait in the future like a wild animal or some ominous destiny. Nor is it hidden in the heavens, like a paradise or promise. Nor is it shut up in the cave or the prison of your past. It is here and now; it is what you live and what you do. At the heart of being; at the heart of the present; at the heart of everything – in the great current of life, of reality.
Andre Comte-Sponville

Monday, September 12, 2011

**Solemn Day**

Yesterday was a solemn day.  It's hard to believe it's been ten years since the terrorists attack on our country.  I remember it like it was yesterday - Brennie was napping and I was watching The Today Show.  Al Roker had just been talking about what a beautiful day it was, and then, suddenly, Bryant Gumbel was on the screen announcing that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center.  In the blink of an eye, the day had went from beautiful to tragic.  So, so tragic.  It was surreal seeing the World Trade Center on fire, watching the second plane hit the other tower, learning a third plane had hit the Pentagon and a fourth had crashed in Pennsylvania, seeing all the horrified people running for their lives, watching other people jumping to their deaths from the fire engulfed towers, listening to the message from my grandmother saying that she thought the world was coming to an end, and then, finally, the towers collapsing.  You would think seeing it all once would be enough, but I watched all the coverage yesterday - it somehow seemed wrong not to.  I think, it's important to feel the pain of what so many others have lost.  So, I watched, and I cried.  My heart still breaks for all the lives that were lost, and for all the families who lost those loved ones.  I am so grateful to have my family, and I try to appreciate every moment I have with them because life can change - in the blink of an eye.

Never waste a moment, it may be the last with someone you love. ~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment