Your life is not lying in wait in the future like a wild animal or some ominous destiny. Nor is it hidden in the heavens, like a paradise or promise. Nor is it shut up in the cave or the prison of your past. It is here and now; it is what you live and what you do. At the heart of being; at the heart of the present; at the heart of everything – in the great current of life, of reality.
Andre Comte-Sponville

Monday, January 3, 2011

*New Year*

Often, at the beginning of every new year, I feel a little down that yet another year has passed by so quickly, but I don't feel sad today. I'm excited for the year ahead, and I'm grateful for the year that has just passed.

2010 was a good year! I feel like I did my best to really be a part of every moment - good or bad - I celebrated the good ones, and learned from the bad ones. I enjoyed great quality time with my family. I made room for new friends, which has always been a hard thing for me to do, and I'm so glad I let my guard down because I'm really loving our new friends!

Time really does fly! My girls are 10 and 7 1/2 already, and this time with them is precious, so I look forward to this year ahead with them - watching them live, grow, and learn.

In 2011, I, also, hope to get healthy by eating healthful foods and moving more. I hope to spend more alone time with my husband. I hope to continue to spend time with friends. I hope to spend more time with my parents, my sister and her boys. I hope to take more field trip with my girls. I hope to read more books. I hope to blog more.

It's going to be a great year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment